EMC [Private] Cloud Architect Certifications…Interesting.
EMC today launched two new private cloud architect certifications. I find it intriguing that the certification is described as “Leverag[ing] ‘open’ curriculum training and certification focused on technology concepts and principles applicable to any vendor environment.” I’ll be interested to see how applicable to Citrix and Hyper-V environments the courseware is…
From their community blog:
Today we announced two new EMC Proven Professional certifications tracks. These advanced level tracks are targeted toward architects, designers, and consultants who are, or will be, responsible for designing highly virtualized cloud-ready infrastructures leading to the design of IT-as-a-Service environments for Private Cloud as well as for Service Providers.
- Cloud Architect (EMCCA) certification is targeted toward architects who deliver virtualization and cloud designs based on business strategies encompassing all key technical domains (compute, storage, networking, applications, etc).
- Data Center Architect (EMCDCA) certification is for architects and designers who provide detailed designs for information storage specific technical domains to complement, expand, and complete their overall virtualization and cloud design.
Both tracks are based on ‘open’ curriculum where the focus is on technology/principles rather than specific products (similar to ISM design).
We strongly believe that both these tracks meet a necessary requirement for organizations and individual professionals as they plan extensive virtualization and adoption of cloud computing…please do take some time and review the details of these new exciting tracks by visting the EMC Education Services Portal or downloading this brochure (pdf).
It’s taking me a while to click through the various PDF’s which explain the various levels and requirements for the EMC Cloud Architect (EMCCA) certifications:
- EMCISA PREREQUISITE: INFORMATION STORAGE ASSOCIATE CERTIFICATION
- EMCCA VIRTUALIZED INFRASTRUCTURE – SPECIALIST-LEVEL CERTIFICATION
- EMCCAe IT-AS-A-SERVICE – EXPERT-LEVEL CERTIFICATION
- Creating A New Generation Of Cloud Professionals (chucksblog.emc.com)