Your InfoSec Dream Job?
Assuming you were going to stay in the "Information Security" industry, what would you do if you could pack up your office tomorrow and move into shiny new digs in your dream job? What would that be? With whom? Doing what?
- On the vendor side: I’d go to a start-up/up-start (my 5th?) again where I can make a huge difference. I’d do something with virtualization, information-centric
securitysurvivability and converged enterprise architecture. I’d find my next Crossbeam.
- In the Enterprise, I’d go to a mid-sized progressive services-focused company who understands and "appreciates" the management of risk and investing in security that can be used as a strategic differentiator for the betterment of the business.
- Venture Capital: I’d love to work in some capacity for a fund with a large and diverse portfolio that would allow me to evaluate technology for investment potential.
- Research/Analysis: I’d look into a DARPA/NSF-funded long-term research project focused on next generation networking with an integrated security services layer, working to solve long term event-horizon survivability/assurance problems and delivery modality constructs.
- Independent Consultancy: I’ve done it before and it became a 7 year rollercoaster ride that was fantastic. More and more companies need objective "executive steering assistance" for business-aligned, long term strategic risk management, business resilience, information assurance and infrastructure protection guidance. Just ask Mogull.
You can thank the fine people at St. James’s Gate Brewery for this one.