Really Interesting Blog Snippets I Don’t Have Time to Comment On…
I’m swamped right now and have about 30 tabs open in Mozilla referencing things I expected to blog about but simply haven’t had the time to. Rather than bloat Mozilla’s memory consumption further and lose these, I figured I’d jot them down.
Yes, I should use any number of the services available to track these sorts of things for this very purpose, but I’m just old fashioned, I guess…
Perhaps you’ll find these snippets interesting, also.
- Princeton University Center for Information Technology Policy: Computing In the Cloud Workshop – I really want to go to this
- Ten Virtualization Vendors to watch in 2008 – Management & Security top the list
- Google as predicted in 1964 – Cool!
- Forrester lays out 10 reasons why IT shouldn’t support the iPhone – Get over yourself, it’ll happen anyway.
- How to manage your multivendor firewalls like a pro – This is a nasty problem in large enterprises.
- Unix admin tries to axe California power grid – Forget SCADA attacks, we need dual authentication for the EPO button!
- Is Google your next hosted security partner? – Don’t say I didn’t tell you so…
- Scott Berinato’s top 10 data breaches of 2007 – Hurry, there’s still time for more!
- Virtual machine sprawl will challenge IT management skills – Um ,yup.
- Stiennon’s 2008 Predictions are so right, they happen in 2007. That’s all I’m gonna say about that.
- Anton’s excited about Ranum’s rants on stuff we’ve been arguing about for 10 years – Arguing about stateful inspection is so last decade.
- DIY "secure virtual machine network in a box" – Holy crap. The end of the world is nigh!
- Measuring the return on IT Security Investments – Intel does a lovely job with this. Hat tip to Lindstrom.
- Information security strategies fail to meet corporate needs – Ernst & Young survey
- NSA’s Central Security Service: Security Configuration Guides – Good resource for config. baselines.
- No browser for you today! – Pixar’s "extreme" security policies
- Mobile & Wireless: 2007’s biggest emerging technology disappointments – Sigh.
- Data Centrism, De-Perimeterization, and fanatacism – Didn’t we cover this already?
- Jericho still speaking in Tongues – …I guess not!
- You can’t buy "just a firewall" anymore - Don’t look now, it’s UTM!
- Charlie Giancarlo resigns from Cisco – Buy stock in wherever he goes!
- Orkut XSS Worm – If Stiennon can do it, so can I! Told ya so…
- Backdoors in software distribution points – The Chris’ from Veracode tell us why MD5 ain’t your friend
- 8 Bold predictions on Google’s next moves – Good read; some I’ve blogged about.
- Security’s Top 5 priorities – More technology…that’s the problem.
- Common Criteria = Safe? – Eric Bidstrup’s very good read
Sadly I may not get around to blogging about many of these. I’ve got a ton more from the emerging technology, VC and virtualization space, too.
I don’t want to become another story summarizer, but perhaps I’ll use this format to cover things I can’t get to every week.